Last year, I stole an awesome idea from one of my internet stalkees, Alida, and I did the 31-for-31 thingie. I liked it so much, I’m going to do it again for my birthday this year! (For quick refreshment: In Part 1, you are meant to list 31 things you want to do this year. In part 2, you are meant to list 31 things you’ve learned this year.)
Of my 31 to-dos, here was what I accomplished:
- Get my arm back to 100% (or preferably, 120%) – Yeah bitches!!! I’M BIONIC NOW! And thankfully, the scar healed up a bit more so I can be less vain about being attacked by Somali pirates. But the plate sticks out all the time and it’s still frustratingly uncomfortable (as well as one of the screws starting to work its way out), so I may end up removing it soon. We’ll see.
- Be diligent with physical therapy, and stop being so pig-headed and impatient about how long it takes to freaking heal a stupid bone (Ahem.) – I followed this advice, which is why my arm is super-ridiculously-strong now. My husband, who separated his shoulder JUST AS I WAS GETTING BETTER last March, did not do his physical therapy, and now looks like the Huncharm of Houston. I told him that would happen, and he was pig-headed and impatient, and that’s what he gets for it. I can’t take him anywhere with me now. (Just kidding, baby. You’re still beautiful.)
- Buy a boat (30-34ft preferably) – Bought a 32ft catamaran! Husband spent about two months solid fixing it up in North Carolina while I
worked on the housewatched Netflix.
- Start jogging – I actually started jogging in March 2012 (as soon as my doctor said I could), and then I got a workout buddy and started going to high-intensity spin classes shortly thereafter.
- Get good enough at jogging to start running (if doctor says it’s okay!) – See above!
- Lose 25 pounds (minimum) – I lost 35 pounds. :) Spin classes paid off! Continue reading